At Earl & Earl, PLLC, our experienced Colorado personal injury lawyers have an established track record of helping our clients to seek just compensation after someone else harmed them in accidents such as:
- Car accidents – We can handle all aspects of your claim if another negligent or reckless driver on the road has hurt you. We can also help if you have been in a complicated multi-vehicle car accident.
- Truck accidents – Trucking accidents can be among the most complex motor vehicle accident claims due to the significant evidence involved. We can sift through the facts and details of the truck crash that injured you and seek maximum compensation for your losses.
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcycle riders often face significant hurdles in trying to recover compensation following a crash. Let our attorneys fight for you to protect your rights and interests and to pursue all compensation you are entitled to receive.
- Bicycle accidents – Bicycle riders often face the risk of catastrophic injury when sharing the road with motor vehicles. We can help when if you have suffered debilitating injuries while riding your bike.
- Pedestrian accidents – Motor vehicles can cause grievous injury when they impact a pedestrian. Let us help you hold negligent or reckless motorists accountable after being hurt in a pedestrian accident.
- Premises liability – When you have been hurt due to unsafe or defective conditions on someone else’s property, our injury lawyers can help you hold the property or business owners accountable and pursue just compensation for your losses.
- Slip and fall – Slip and fall accidents can result in serious injuries, including broken bones, torn ligaments and tendons, and even head injuries and traumatic brain injuries. We will work hard to hold negligent property or business owners accountable if you have been badly hurt in a slip and fall.
- Dog bites – After a dangerous or vicious dog has hurt you, our personal injury lawyers will work on your behalf to hold the dog owner responsible. We understand the profound, life-changing injuries that dog attacks cause.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect – If you or a loved one have been the victim of abusive or neglectful nursing home staffers or administrators, our attorneys will vigorously protect your rights and safety.
- Medical malpractice – When a medical provider’s negligence causes you to suffer harm, you owe it to yourself to seek experienced legal assistance. We have a deep background in these complex cases, including birth injuries, medication errors, anesthesia errors, surgical negligence, and other forms of medical malpractice.
- Wrongful death – If your family has lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness, we can help you and your family seek accountability and justice for your loved one’s wrongful death.
Reach out to our Colorado personal injury lawyers at Earl & Earl, PLLC today to discuss how we might be able to help you with your personal injury claim.
What Can You Recover in a Personal Injury Claim?
A personal injury claim can allow you to recover compensation for losses you have sustained due to injuries caused by someone else’s negligence or other legal fault. Examples of losses you can be compensated for in a personal injury case in Colorado include:
- Medical treatment and rehabilitation expenses such as emergency room visits, doctor’s appointments, surgeries, medication, physical and other therapies, medical equipment, or home health services
- Lost wages or income if you miss time from work while recovering from your injuries
- Lost earning capacity due to disabilities caused by your injuries which impact your ability to work
- Lost quality of life due to disfigurement or scarring from your injuries or due to difficulties with daily living and enjoying activities
- Pain and suffering, or the physical and emotional distress brought about by your injuries and treatment
At Earl & Earl, PLLC, our knowledgeable Colorado personal injury lawyers can review your case and help you to understand what you might be entitled to recover for your injuries and losses.
Colorado Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury Claims
In Colorado, the statute of limitations requires you to file a lawsuit on your personal injury claim within a certain period. Failure to timely file your claim can lead to the court permanently dismissing your case. Most personal injury claims must be filed in court within two years after your injury or the later date when you discover your injury and what caused it. However, for car accident claims, you have three years from the accident date to file your lawsuit.
If you wish to bring your injury claim against a state or local government agency, Colorado law requires you to give the agency notice of your claim before you can file suit. Usually, notice must be provided within 182 days of the date of your injury. Failure to give timely notice means the court does not have jurisdiction to hear your personal injury claim against the government.
How Our Colorado Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help with Your Case
If you have a personal injury claim, the Colorado personal injury lawyers of Earl & Earl, PLLC can help you to pursue all compensation that you are due by taking steps that include:
- Offering a free initial case evaluation to speak with you about the details of your claim and to learn more about your concerns, goals, and needs following your injury. Our goal will be to prepare a legal strategy for your case tailored to reaching the outcomes you want and need.
- Conducting a thorough investigation of your claim to recover evidence and identify all potentially liable parties.
- Collaborating with expert witnesses as necessary to help us develop solid and persuasive explanations of how your injuries occurred and how the other party or parties caused them.
- Filing your claims with the at-fault parties and insurance companies and negotiating for a full and fair settlement to provide you with the financial resources you need for your recovery now and into the future.
- Taking your case to court and to trial, if needed, to pursue the results you deserve.
When you work with our dedicated legal team at Earl & Earl, PLLC, you can always count on direct, responsive service. You will always be able to reach us, and you will have direct access to the attorney handling your case. You will never have to go through an assistant to get information and updates.