Are you in search of a medical malpractice attorney in Colorado Springs?
As patients, we understandably put all of our trust in the healthcare professionals that help us when we’re injured. When medical malpractice occurs, patients feel out of control and worried for the future. If a doctor, nurse, or other healthcare practitioner has acted negligibly in regards to your health, you have every right to seek legal aid to recoup your losses. Medical malpractice is an incredibly serious practice area of personal injury law that needs to be treated with the utmost concern and attention. When your health and safety are at risk, it’s important to act fast. Connect with a medical malpractice attorney in Denver as soon as possible.
With every type of medical treatment available – from a simple check-up to a major surgery – there exists some kind of risk for harm. Medical malpractice is not about getting bad results after a surgery or experiencing practical complications. Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare professional fails to perform to the best of their ability and their negligence causes you unjust harm. It is important to know the difference, and a qualified attorney can help.
* INDICATES REQURED FIELD
If you believe you have sustained an injury, illness, or pain and suffering due to a healthcare professional’s medical malpractice, you need to contact a medical malpractice lawyer in Colorado as soon as possible. There are many common types of medical malpractice cases, and no two are the same. All medical malpractice cases are as complex and complicated as the individuals and victims involved. Because of the unpredictability of human nature and the human body, every medical malpractice case requires keen attention to detail.
Whatever the specifics of your case, rest assured that Earl and Earl, PLLC are committed to fighting for your justice and will advocate for you aggressively in court. We are compassionate toward medical malpractice victims and will not rest until you feel confident in your financial and physical recovery.
Top medical malpractice attorney in Colorado Springs
What are common medical malpractice cases?
Not all malpractice lawyers in Colorado Springs take on specifically medical malpractice cases. Earl and Earl, PLLC are malpractice lawyers in Colorado Springs who have extensive experience defending clients who have suffered negligence at the hands of a medical professional they trusted. They are accustomed to the unique challenges presented in these situations and are proud to provide a clear understanding of legal options and avenues for anyone in need of advice.
If you or a loved one believe you have been a victim of medical malpractice in Colorado, check to see if any of the following grievances apply to your situation:
- Diagnostic Errors. Diagnostic errors are by far the most commonly occurring types of medical malpractice cases. Diagnostic errors include when a doctor incorrectly diagnoses a condition, or fails to diagnose a condition entirely. This can cause great bodily harm for a victim, or worsen a condition that otherwise would have been manageable and treatable.
- Failure to Properly Administer Medication. Errors in administering medication are another commonly occurring type of malpractice. When you are in a hospital under medical supervision, you have every right to trust that the professionals caring for you will properly administer your medication. If you are given less or more than the required amount, you may have a case for medical malpractice. Taking the wrong amount of prescription drugs can have immediate and delayed negative side effects.
- Inadequately Sterilized Equipment. Failure to sterilize equipment is a very serious concern in any medical setting. All equipment must be properly stored, cleaned and sanitized prior to any form of use. Failure to properly sanitize equipment can lead to infections, and cause grave repercussions for anyone affected.
- Faulty Medical Devices. Faulty medical devices lead to improper readings, which can in turn lead to missed diagnoses or test results. It is crucial that any medical practice has functioning medical devices that are sterile, safe to use, and performing up to code. If you believe a faulty medical device is a cause of your medical malpractice, contact an attorney right away.
- Surgical Errors. Surgical errors can have disastrous consequences as well. When you undergo surgery, you put your faith in your surgeon and team of medical professionals, trusting that they’ll operate without error. If you suffer a surgical error, the consequences can be long-term medical care and rehabilitation.
- Lack of Post-Operative Care. If your medical professional fails to provide adequate post-operative care, you may be entitled to compensation. Post-operative care includes, but is not limited to, proper rehabilitation, physical therapy, occupational therapy, or even just routine follow-ups regarding your healing process. When you experience complications during the healing process due to a medical professional’s negligence, you may have a case for medical practice.
- Anesthesia Errors. Similarly, if there is an error executed during the administration of anesthesia, you may undergo complications. Anesthesia administration is a complex and risky process and needs to be executed by a professional with a strong focus and attention to detail. Speak to a lawyer about the possibility of receiving compensation if you’ve suffered malpractice regarding anesthesia.
If you’re in search of the best medical malpractice lawyers in Colorado, Earl and Earl, PLLC will gladly listen to the details of your case and provide advice for moving forward. You have a right to connect with qualified legal help and a right to understand medical malpractice law as it relates to the specifics of your case. If any of the aforementioned situations apply to you, contact Earl and Earl, PLLC as soon as possible for a free, no-obligation consultation. Under the United States constitution, every individual has a right to be represented by a quality legal counsel.
How will I know if I have a case for malpractice?
Only a lawyer can truly help determine if your mistreatment constitutes a medical malpractice case. There are always risks associated with medical care, injuries and illnesses and it can be difficult to know when malpractice occurs. Medical malpractice cases are taken very seriously as so much is at stake when an individual receives poor medical care. If you have even the slightest concern that you have suffered medical malpractice, it is important to speak with a lawyer as soon as you possibly can.
In order to have a case that qualifies for medical malpractice, your lawyer must be able to demonstrate that the doctor, nurse, or other healthcare provider in question had a duty to care for you as their patient. In other words, you must prove that the doctor in question was, in fact, the medical professional designated to your specific medical case.
Secondly, you must be able to prove that the healthcare provider in question did, in fact, breach the standard of care that one should expect to receive. This means, you need to be able to prove that the doctor or nurse acted in such a way that a person with similar credentials would not have acted. Nurses, doctors and healthcare professionals are all held to a strict standard of conduct to which they must adhere at all times. All medical professionals have their own sets of credentials, educational backgrounds and training required by law that designate them fit to care for others. Any deviation from these codes of conduct can pose dangerous risks for their patients. It’s important that all medical professionals are operating with current and active licenses and credentials – and that nothing is expired, out of date, or otherwise not in accordance with legal code.
All of the credentials above will likely constitute a case for medical malpractice. However, it’s crucial to the success of your medical malpractice case that you are able to prove that the aforementioned breach, or malpractice, caused you bodily harm. It is imperative to the success of your case that you are able to effectively link the bodily harm you’ve sustained directly back to your medical care, or lack thereof.
Our medical malpractice lawyers in Colorado Springs are ready to listen to your experience and able to provide advice and guidance for your personal injury case. If you believe the medical professional overseeing your procedures acted in such a way that put you at risk, the team of legal professionals at Earl and Earl, PLLC will provide you with a path to move forward.
Earl and Earl, PLLC are malpractice lawyers in Colorado who have the skillset and tenacity to defend you in a court of law.
At Earl and Earl, PLLC, we have the knowledge and experience to defend your medical malpractice situation in court, and will stop at nothing to advocate on your behalf before a judge. We have medical malpractice lawyers in Denver as well as medical malpractice lawyers in Colorado Springs. Additionally, we have locations in Castle Rock, Pueblo and Grand Junction. We’re dedicated to helping Colorado residents take back their lives and fight for what’s rightfully theirs.
If you or a loved one have suffered medical malpractice, you deserve to work with a team of legal representatives who are skilled in medical malpractice law. Call Earl and Earl, PLLC today for a no-obligation consultation of your case. Your initial phone consultation is free, and always will be. Because at Earl and Earl, PLLC, we believe that anyone who’s suffered negligence at the hands of a medical professional deserves to receive honest and transparent advice at no cost to them.