Car Accident Attorney in Colorado Springs
If you were hurt or lost a loved one in a car accident in Colorado Springs, contact Earl & Earl, PLLC right away. Our skilled trial lawyers have extensive experience helping those who have been hurt in our community to seek justice and compensation after accidents caused by others’ negligence.
We believe that you should never have to pay for someone else’s poor decisions. If you were hurt in a car crash that was someone else’s fault, you should never suffer alone. We will aggressively pursue the compensation you need to pay for your medical bills, recoup your lost wages, and move on from the accident.
Our Colorado Springs car accident attorneys are ready to meet with you today to discuss your case. Let us help you get back on your feet. Contact us now for a free consultation.
How Our Colorado Springs Car Accident Lawyer Can Make a Difference for You
When you have a car accident claim, a Colorado Springs car accident attorney from Earl & Earl, PLLC can make the difference when it comes to pursuing the maximum amount of compensation in your case. We can take steps that include:
- Taking the time to walk you through your legal rights and options and help you to understand what to expect in your case. We will listen to your concerns, goals, and needs to craft a personalized legal strategy for you.
- Reviewing all available evidence in your case and working with experts, if necessary, to build a robust and compelling argument that shows how the other side caused the crash and your injuries.
- Helping you document your financial and personal losses so that we can pursue just compensation in your case.
- Filing insurance claims on your behalf and handling dealings with the insurance adjusters so that you can keep focused on your recovery.
- Pursuing proper compensation through a settlement, or if necessary, by taking your case to court and trial.
When you work with Earl & Earl, PLLC, you will face no risk. We will get paid only if we secure compensation for you after your Colorado Springs car accident.
Compensation in Your Car Accident Case
If you have been in a car accident that may have been caused by someone else’s negligence or other legal fault, you could be entitled to compensation for all expenses and losses you incur due to the crash, including payment for:
- Medical treatment and rehabilitation/therapy
- Long-term personal care
- Lost income and earning capacity
- Physical pain and emotional anguish
- Loss of enjoyment or quality of life due to injuries and resulting disabilities
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage, including repair or replacement costs for your vehicle
Time Limit for Filing a Car Accident Claim in Colorado Springs
In Colorado, the statute of limitations states that a lawsuit in a car accident claim must usually be filed within three years of the crash. If you file suit after the statute of limitations has expired, the court will likely end up permanently dismissing your claim.
Additionally, if the car accident you were in was caused by a government vehicle or by a government employee in the course of their employment, you may be entitled to pursue your car accident claim against the agency. However, Colorado law requires you to first give the government or public agency notice of your claim within 182 days of the accident. Failing to do so may cause you to lose your right to seek compensation.
What to Do If You’ve Been Hurt in a Car Accident in Colorado Springs
You should consider taking the following steps to protect your rights and interests following an auto accident in Colorado Springs. These steps will put you in a better position to pursue financial compensation from those parties responsible for the wreck:
- Get contact information. Make sure to talk to all the drivers involved in the accident to get their contact and insurance information.
- Take photos or video. If possible and safe to do so, use your cell phone to take photos or video of the accident scene, damage to the vehicles involved in the crash, and any visible injuries you might have suffered.
- Get a copy of the crash report. If the police came to the crash scene, contact the law enforcement agency after the accident to request a copy of the police accident report.
- Get medical attention. Get examined by your primary physician or by another doctor as soon as possible after the accident to diagnose the injuries you may have suffered. Promptly identifying your injuries after the accident can help strengthen your argument that those injuries came from the accident.
- Follow all treatment recommendations and instructions. If you ignore or defer treatment, you give the at-fault parties a reason to argue that you may not have been as seriously hurt as you claim or that you have allowed your condition to worsen, which may impact the compensation you are entitled to receive.
- Document your expenses and losses from the accident. Keep copies of bills, invoices, and receipts, along with a diary or journal of how your injuries and treatment impact your daily living and personal and professional life.
- Stay away from social media. Avoid discussing the accident or your legal case on social media, and try not to have photos or videos of yourself posted on social media during your medical recovery. Insurance adjusters and defense lawyers often monitor accident victims’ social media accounts for postings that they can point to as contradicting the accident victim’s official statements in their claim.
Finally, you should also speak to a Colorado Springs car accident lawyer at Earl & Earl, PLLC, as soon as possible after the accident. We can explain your legal rights and options and go over the next steps you need to take to seek a financial recovery.
Talk to a Colorado Springs Car Accident Attorney Now
If you have been hurt in a car accident in Colorado Springs, turn to Earl & Earl, PLLC for the individual attention and personalized legal strategy you need. If another motorist’s carelessness or recklessness caused your harm, we will be ready to demand maximum compensation for you. We offer free consultations, and we won’t charge you anything unless we recover compensation for you.