Colorado’s Time Limit on Personal Injury Claims
In Colorado, the law places a time limit on filing a lawsuit in a personal injury claim. This limit is called the statute of limitations. For most personal injury claims in Colorado, the statute of limitations requires that a lawsuit be filed within two years of the date when the underlying injury occurred.
However, personal injury claims arising from motor vehicle-related accidents, such as car crashes and pedestrian accidents, are subject to a different limitations period. The statute of limitations for motor vehicle-related personal injury claims requires that a lawsuit be filed within three years of the date of the accident.
Filing your personal injury lawsuit after the applicable statute of limitations has expired on your claim can open you up to the risk that the court will dismiss your case. In other words, you could lose your right to seek compensation for your injuries through the court system.
How Our Colorado Springs Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help
Pursuing a personal injury claim can prove incredibly complicated and time-consuming, especially when you are already focused on your physical recovery from your injuries. Let a Colorado Springs personal injury attorney from Earl & Earl, PLLC help you with your case by:
- Sitting down with you in an initial consultation to go over your rights and the options in your case.
- Developing an individualized legal strategy tailored to your needs and goals.
- Performing our own independent investigation and review of the facts and circumstances of your injuries to identify all the parties that may be held legally responsible for compensating you for your losses.
- Maintaining communication with you throughout your case, including direct contact with the attorney working on your case, so that you can get answers and information about your case when you need them.
- Filing your claims with the appropriate at-fault parties and insurers and handling every aspect of processing your claim for you.
- Pursuing a result in your case that provides you with fair compensation, including filing a lawsuit and going to court if we mutually decide that it is the best course of action.
You face no risk when you get legal assistance and representation that can make a difference in your Colorado Springs personal injury case. You can talk with us in a free case review. We will get paid only if we secure compensation for you.
Common Types of Serious Injuries
Many personal injury claims are brought when the injured victim has suffered severe or life-threatening injuries. Examples of serious injuries common to personal injury claims in Colorado Springs include:
- Broken bones
- Orthopedic injuries
When you have suffered these or any other injury that significantly or permanently impacts your ability to work, your daily life, and your relationships, you may choose to pursue a personal injury claim when another party bears legal responsibility for your injury.
Talk to a Colorado Springs Personal Injury Attorney Now
After you have been injured due to a Colorado Springs accident, contact Earl & Earl, PLLC for help. When you hire us, you won’t have to pay us anything unless we win your case. Whether we’re facing an insurance company, large trucking carrier, or any other entity, we won’t settle for anything less than what you rightfully deserve.
We’ll be ready to discuss the details of your case during a free and confidential consultation. Our attorneys will discuss your rights and legal options and how we can make a difference for you. We are committed to helping you to get back on your feet and hold the at-fault party accountable.
Call us or reach out to us online to speak with a member of our team today.