Compensation in a Personal Injury Case
If someone else’s actions or negligence injured you, you may be entitled to compensation for your financial and personal losses. You could be eligible to recover money for:
- Treatment and rehabilitation, including emergency room visits, doctor’s appointments, surgeries, medication, physical therapy, and other related out-of-pocket expenses
- Lost income if you miss time from work during your recovery
- Loss of earning capacity if you have suffered disabilities that impact your ability to work in the same way you did before your injury
- Physical pain and emotional distress triggered by your injuries
- Loss of quality of life because of physical disfigurement or scarring, physical disabilities, or reduced life expectancy
Understanding Colorado’s Time Limit on Personal Injury Lawsuits
Under Colorado’s statute of limitations, you have a certain period in which to file a lawsuit and pursue your injury claim in court. Most personal injury claims in Castle Rock must be filed in court within two years of the date that your injury occurred.
However, personal injury claims arising from a motor vehicle accident such as car accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident, or pedestrian accident face a three-year statute of limitations. Generally, this means that you must file a lawsuit within three years of the date of the motor vehicle accident that injured you. (However, if the case involves wrongful death, the claim must be filed within two years from the date of your loved one’s death.)
If you do not file your lawsuit before the applicable statute of limitations in your case expires, the at-fault party can try to get your case dismissed. If that happens, you could lose your right to recover any compensation for the injuries and other harm you have suffered. For that reason, you should not wait to get legal help. At Earl & Earl, PLLC, we are ready to review your case right away.
How Our Castle Rock Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You
If you think you may have a personal injury claim, our Castle Rock personal injury lawyers can help you seek just compensation from the parties responsible for your injuries. When you hire our law firm to help with your case, you can count on our legal team to:
- Ensure that you fully understand your legal rights and options and what to expect throughout your case.
- Develop a personalized legal strategy aimed at getting you the results you want and need from your claim.
- Thoroughly investigate your case, including consulting with expert witnesses, to put together a strong, persuasive argument that explains how your injuries occurred, identifies all responsible parties, and details all compensation that you are due.
- Help you document your costs and losses, including medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering.
- File your claims with the insurance companies and file lawsuits on your behalf, if necessary, in the proper court and before the statute of limitations expires in your case.
With Earl & Earl, PLLC, you face no risk in getting legal help for your case. You can talk to our Castle Rock personal injury attorneys for free in an initial case evaluation. We will get paid only if we secure compensation for you.
Talk to a Castle Rock Personal Injury Attorney Now
After you have been hurt through no fault of your own, don’t wait another day to talk to a Castle Rock personal injury attorney from Earl & Earl, PLLC. Our consultations are always free, and you won’t have to pay us anything unless we recover compensation for you. Call or reach us online today to get started.